Author Topic: Please explain this Failed test (PCI Express on Motherboard)  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Stavros555

I just purchased PC-Doctor Toolbox and have run it on a brand new laptop with fresh Windows 10 and drivers install. The computer is running well in all stress tests with no issue.

During the Diagnostics test, when testing the Motherboard suite, there is one failure flagged: Samsung NVMe Controller. This is one of the PCI tests in the motherboard.

I have Windows 10 installed on a Samsung 950 pro M.2 250Gb SSD connected through PCI.

Since the computer is brand new and my install is completely new, I am doubting that I have a hardware problem.

Please see the attached screenshot of the error.

Please advise me on this as your responses to others in the forums suggest that such an identified hardware failure is a serious issue and should be investigated by a professional tech.

I appreciate your prompt response: as this is a new (expensive) laptop I would certainly like to return it during the refund period if it is indeed defect.

Do you believe this to be a true hardware issue or perhaps a misinterpretation of your PC-doctor software? I am confused as the error message says that I do not have to replace it if it is functioning correctly.

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi Stavros555,

I have responded to you via the support ticket you submitted regarding this issue. Once we reach a conclusion through the ticket, I will repost it here.

Thanks,
Channing