Author Topic: Write Protect PC Doctor USB Drive?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline dtmgallagher

Hi is there a way to write protect the USB Drive that Service Center 9 or above runs on so as to minimize any issues related to transferring viruses etc?   I would want the software to be able to still run from the USB drive.

Thanks

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello dtmgallagher,

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the USB device to read-only due primarily to the fact that each of our test environments require write access in order to function correctly. However, if ever believe that the USB device has been compromised, you have the option of restoring it with the Diagnostics CD (or DVD in the case of Service Center 9.5 & up).

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline dtmgallagher

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your response is this true of all lower versions of PC doctor as well?

Thanks

David

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I confirmed with the developers that this is true for all versions of Service Center going back to version 7, but we are aware of the limitation and are looking for ways to prevent unwanted tampering with the file system. However, any such solution would have to maintain our current functionality for storing logs, reports, and customized scripts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.