Author Topic: Need help with pc data  (Read 7517 times)

Offline terencehoward3005

I have a win7 with a 500 gb 5400 rpm hdd. Now, I need a solution that makes sure I can conveniently get back data no matter what. Incase virus / malware infects me external hdds are out. With antiviruses, there is no assurance. Data lost is lost. Plus it slows down the pc. My data is also precious to me. I was thinking the answer is a recovery solution. I think Rollback Rx is a good recovery tool. I think its convenient what do you say?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I might be the wrong person to ask, but I believe in extreme redundancy.  ;)

Here is an example of my personal configuration:

• My PC has a Raid 0 array
  • I have a personal server that performs an incremental backup every night (with full backup's once a month)
  • I also have an external drive with any important files
  • I use Google Drive, and Dropbox for those same important files
  • I also have a Carbonite subscription "just in case"

My policy is that if my system has any major issues (viruses, malware, major hardware failure, etc.) I can just install a new OS and all my important files will be ready to go.

From what I can tell, the solution you presented should work fine so long as you can still access Windows, but will only revert your system to an earlier time. It seems that this software would become less useful if you have a particularly nasty virus, or if your drive fail entirely. If you do use the Rollback Rx software, then I would personally recommend that you also do the occasional backup of your important files. That way you are covered from both sides; if your system gets a virus you can roll it back and wipe out your backup, and if your system fails completely then you still have your important files on your backup.

All that matters in the end is that the solution meets your needs and you are doing something to prevent the loss of your data.

(NOTE: This is just my 2ยข from my personal experience, and is not provided as a PC-Doctor employee.)
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Ronaldp

Thanks, it solved my problem.