Author Topic: Print Report to Network Print and or Save to Network Location  (Read 2607 times)

Offline ToddWelch

How can I setup the bootable USB to be able to print to a network printer and or be able to save a report to a network location on our server?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
If I understand your request correctly, it sounds like you are looking for a way to print or save a report to a network address from within Bootable Diagnostics.  The software can print to a configured network printer in Windows, but not automatically upload results to a server.

Unfortunately Service Center does not have the requested capability. The best that I can suggest is creating a custom batch (or shell if you prefer to use Linux) script that will copy the files from the key to your server when you run it. Please note that I am unable to offer very much support in creating such a script. This has the downside of requiring you to connect the USB device to another computer when you want to upload your reports.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a better solution for now, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline PromptCare

You can use XCOPY to transfer files to a UNC location.  Here's the batch I made up last night to do this (and then open the report in the PC's browser)

(runs from the MUD's root)

cd .\pcdoctor\sc_win\bin\
sccui.exe -script scripts/system.xml -session %computername%_%username% -exit -spr .\..\..\..\%computername%_%username%_report.html

cd..\..\..
md \\nas\users\reports\%computername%_%username%
xcopy %computername%_%username%_report.html \\nas\users\reports\%computername%_%username%\
start %computername%_%username%_report.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:05:21 am by PromptCare »

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Looks good to me  :)

Unfortunately, we can only provide limited assistance with custom batch files, but please feel free to share with the community if you find a solution that works for you.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.