Author Topic: PC-Doctor Backup function  (Read 1882 times)

Offline ndkelley

I am using Norton Ghost instead of Windows Backup.  I have set the Backup Solution window to "Norton Ghost" but I am consistently receiving an error telling me that my system has not been backed up using Windows Backup.  There must be some way to disable that error since I am using Norton Ghost.  What is the procedure?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am sorry for any confusion that our product may have caused. Currently, if you select a backup solution other than the built-in Windows Backup (or File History in Windows 8), the software will still display a red X on the backup tile. I have submitted this issue as a bug report to the developers, and I would to thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

While investigating the issue however, I did find a workaround that will disable the error. Launch the software and enter the Backup tile, once there change your backup solution from Norton Ghost to Windows Backup. You can then choose to ignore the error near the top of the window. After ignoring the error, you can reselect your backup solution, and it will display the green check mark like it is supposed to.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention, please let me know if you have any other problems.

Kris Templin
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.
10345 Professional Circle, Suite 183
Reno, NV 89521
http://support.pc-doctor.com
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.