Author Topic: Motherboard PCI Express PCI Express Error WPE01-JMR  (Read 8181 times)

Offline pdavitt

I have an Intel NUC6i7KYK (Skull Canyon) with latest BIOS and Driver updates from Intel.  Every time I run a quick scan the only error I get is a Motherboard PCI Express Test 7 error WPE01-JMR.  I have run the scan multiple times over the last two days and did the "remove power and cool off" recommendations. The system is functioning normally in all respects.  Do I have a problem or is it an anomaly in the Test 7 algorithm for my setup? What exactly is the WPE01-JMR error. I also turned on "debug logging" and the Logs.zip file is attached.  The ProgramData log is too large to upload (38MB). Think I found the ProgramData log with the error (pcdrpciexpress_14644.txt).

The NUC is configured as follows:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Samsung 512GB 950 Pro M.2 NVMe (Boot Disk)
Samsung 1TB 850 Evo M.2 Sata

(2)Crucial CR16G4SFD821 16GB DDR4 2133 MHz SO-DIMM (32GB Total)

Dell KM714 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

NEC NEPA272WBKSV 2560 x 1440 Wide Gamut Monitor
Connected with NEC Mini Display Port to Display Port Cable

Thanks,
Pat
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:44:16 am by pdavitt »

Offline PCD_James

Hello,

This test like its name implies tests the PCIE by reading the devices internal stored device state. The device itself keeps track to see if its malfunctioning and will set a flag if it detects a malfunction.

This failure could suggest that there is indeed a problem, however if you are not experiencing any issues during the use of the computer, you can most likely assume that the error is false and is the result of something other than faulty hardware. This is further supported by the fact that the device most likely using the PCIE, your M.2 NVMe SSSD, is passing its tests.

However, I would still keep an eye on it and at the first signs of more trouble I would report back.

-James

Offline pdavitt

James,

Thanks.  I finally found the error line in the pcdrpciexpress_14644.log file. 

"(10:28:21:2650)(14644:16528) Localization.libCommon.Resource - Debug -- 1223 getString(pcdrpciexpress,Event.szFatalErrorDetected.Message,pcdrpciexpress_Event.szFatalErrorDetected.Message_bundleots_retail_en_1) found value: Fatal errors are uncorrectable error conditions which render the particular PCI Express Link and related hardware unreliable. This can also occur because of a driver or firmware defect. If the device is functioning correctly, the hardware does not need to be replaced."

The Samsung Magician software shows both drives functioning normally and the firmware and drivers are the latest.  Guess I'm going to have to keep hitting the "Ignore" button for this scan error until either Intel, Microsoft, Samsung, or PC Doctor finds the issue and corrects it.  :-)

Thanks,
Pat

Offline pdavitt

James,

Just wanted to let you know the error is gone.  I installed a Thunderbolt 3 external disk array and the PCI Express tests increased from 7 to 17 and all passed.  The TB3 install seems to have triggered something that your testing algorithms liked.

All is well,

Pat

Offline PCD_James

Thanks very much for the update! Im sure our engineers would be very interested in those findings. :)