Author Topic: error code 1  (Read 6879 times)

Offline AllenHechter

Hi James,

I just installed windows xp with sp3 on another hard drive in the same desktop computer.

My email link for the second copy of toolbox expired.  Could you send me another email with a new link for my download.  I purchased two copies of tool box and the first is successfully install on my laptop.

I need a link to the second copy with product key that starts with F7ZVGC-.  Please review previous communications to understand that I could not get the second copy to load in windows 7, but was successful with the first copy loading in xp.  I will delete the download that is on windows 7 desktop.  The new download will be applied to the hard drive with xp.

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,

Allen Hechter

Offline PCD_James

Hello Allen,

I reset your download link and the OS linked to it. I sent you a PM with the details.

Glad you were able to find a solution and are back up and running!

-James

Offline AllenHechter

Hi James,

Well, I was able to install and activate toolbox on windows xp pro with sp3 on my desktop.  The error codes 1 and 4 problems were solved, and the program comes up, but it cannot do a system report.  It just freezes up.

I think the problem might be that the version of xp pro I have installed is 32 bit and my desktop is 64 bit.  I cannot locate a copy of windows xp pro with sp3 64 bit anywhere.  If you know where I can buy a copy, I would be interested.

I have deleted toolbox from my desktop all together.  It is not on xp or windows 7 drives at all.

Do you know what I can do to make it work?  If not, please refund just the second  license with product code starting with F7ZVGC. The first copy I installed on my laptop, I will keep.  It works great.

I appreciate all of the time you have spent working with me.  I guess it is not in the cards for it to work on this computer.

If you have any ideas how I can get toolbox to work in windows xp, 32 bit on a 64 bit machine, I will keep the copy.

Please advise.

Respectfully,

Allen Hechter

Offline PCD_James

Hello Allen,

I believe the issue we are having must be between our software and piece of a hardware and its driver.I haven't come across any particular issues with Windows XP 32 bit, as almost all versions released for XP are 32bit, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
I went ahead and processed a full refund on your order. 
Sorry our product wasn't able to function on your current setup.

-James

Offline trruls

i having the same issue :( my pc crashed under install, and now when i copy\past the serial i just getting error 1. help  :o

Offline PCD_James

Hi trruls,
Error code 1 can be caused by a number of things. Lets start at the most basic and work up from there. Worst case I will need to have you collect some debug logs so I can see what your system is doing when it crashes.

First off lets try these things.
1. Is your system fully up to date with all windows updates?
2. Are there any driver updates available for your system from your OEM(Dell, HP,etc)
3. Do you have any antivirus installed on your machine? if so temporarily deactivate it while attempting activation.

Let me know if this helps or if you need any further assistance,

-James

Offline trruls

Check

Check

Check

still the same :(

Offline trruls

getting error 4 in safemod

Offline PCD_James

After disabling other start up items were you able to get up and running?