Author Topic: Smart short test  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Steve Huguenard

Not sure what to make of this, when I run the smart short test in Diagnostics and tools tabs it stops at 11%.  When I run the script through script editor by itself it runs all the way through the test and passes.  Can anyone tell me why its stopping in the one and runs fine in the other?

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi Steve,

That is definitely an odd issue. The HDD SMART short test may not be able to complete properly if you have other programs accessing the hard drive at the same time, but it doesn't explain why the test hangs when ran from the 'Diagnostics and Tools' tab but completes successfully through the Script Editor. Are you running the diagnostics within Windows or using the Bootable diagnostics? Which version of Service Center are you currently running? Please let me know and we can work toward finding a reason for this behavior.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline Steve Huguenard

I tried running it through both the USB Stick and the DVD,  I ran straight from the stick and DVD I didn't load anything onto hard drive itself. I have the newest version 10.  The computer it is just a Dell laptop running windows 7 with an i5 processor.  Also I tried on another computer and it worked fine I just don't know why it does this with this laptop.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:14:08 am by Steve Huguenard »

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the additional information. What is the model of laptop? I'd like to see if we have one here I can test with to see if I can reproduce the issue.  ???

Thanks,
Channing

Offline Steve Huguenard

its a Dell E4310 laptop

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi Steve,

Out of curiosity, do you experience the same issue if you were to run the test on this specific machine within the DOS diagnostics?

Thanks,
Channing