Author Topic: Bad_pool_header Windows 10  (Read 8512 times)

Offline microbc

I just purchased and installed the latest version of Toolbox for Windows (6.3.6554.49) after installing Windows 10.

When I enter the registration key and save it I receive a blue screen with the error:

bad_pool_header

If I uninstall the toolbox my system works without issue on Windows 10.

Every time I install the toolbox and key I get this error.

Please help.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello microbc,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem, and I will be happy to help you try and discover what is causing it.

In order to better understand the issue, can you please answer the following questions:
  • Can you please provide the full error code that is presented?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software since updating?
  • Have you ever seen this error occur separately from our software?
  • Can you please provide the make and model of your system, and list any added hardware that it may have?

Any additional information that you are able to provide will help me to better assist you, and I will be attempting to recreate the issue in our lab as well. Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thank you,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline microbc

That is the full message displayed on the screen.

I have uninstalled and re-installed multiple times.

This was a new install on a computer that never had Toolbox installed prior to Windows 10.

I have never seen this error before in the 3 years this machine has been in service.

When the Toolbox is removed I do not get this error.  It only occurs after the install when I enter the product key for the software.

PC is a :

CyberpowerPC BlackGamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop
PC with AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 Processor,8GB
Memory,1TB Hard Drive

Only hardware attached is an HP 1310 Printer

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi microbc,

I have talked to our Quality Assurance Lab and they haven't seen any issues like this with our software. In order to attempt to determine what is causing this issue, I'm afraid that we are going to need to request some logs from our software. Please let us know if you have any problems with this process.

We must first create a place for these logs to go:

1. Open Run
   (For Windows 8 and Windows 10)
     a. If not on the desktop, click the desktop icon
     b. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
     c. Right click to bring up menu options
     d. Click on Run
   (For Windows 7)
     a. Click the Start Button
     b. Type Run in the Search box
     c. Click on Run
  2. Type "%programfiles%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
  3. Open the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" folder
  4. Right click on an empty space and select "New" and then "Folder
  5. Name the folder you created "logs" (without quotes)
     (Leave this window open, we will have to come back to it)

To enable debug logs:

1. Open a Command prompt as Admin (In the same location as Run)
  2. Navigate to the installed directory (by typing "cd" followed by the location where PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows is installed. Make certain to put a space after "cd".)
       (cd C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows)
  3. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -enabledebuglogs" (without quotes)
       (Note: Leave the Command Prompt open, we will need it later)

Once you have done this go ahead and use the software just as you had before, this will create the logs that we need.

To prepare the logs that we just created:

1. Bring up the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" window that we left open
  2. Right click on the "logs" folder that we created
  3. Select "Send To"
  4. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
     (Be sure to delete this folder after you are done)

Then please follow these steps to obtain the program logs:

1. Open Run (Same as before)
  2. Type "%programdata%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
  3. Open the "PCDr" folder
  4. Open the folder "6554"
  5. Right click on the "logs" folder
  6. Select "Send To"
  7. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"
     (Please name the zipped file "programdata_logs.zip" to avoid confusion)

Once all of these folders have been compressed, you can send them in to us via email (which I will send to you via PM), we will take a look at these files and attempt to find out why you are having this problem.
(Please let me know if any of the files are too large to email.)

Once that is done we can go ahead and disable the logs:

1. Go back to the Command Prompt that we had used earlier
  2. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -disabledebuglogs" (without quotes)

Thank you again for your assistance, please let me know if you have any questions, or you run into any other problems.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline BofV

I've had this same issue....has there been any solutions to this yet?

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi BofV,

Unfortunately it doesn't appear we received the logs from the previous instance this was reported to us and we were unable to look further into it or reproduce it. Would you be able to follow the instructions from Kris above and provide us with the verbose logs? At this point we would be able to dig further into the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline BofV

I tried it real quick; sadly it isn't finding Step 3:  (  3. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -enabledebuglogs" (when I look at the files listed; only thing I have close to that is "pcdgui.exe" which is the EXE to launch PCD.

Does it matter that I have version 6.0.6437.78?

Offline PCD_Channing

The command is correct for the most recent build of Toolbox, which is version 6.3.6554.49. Prior to obtaining the logs, I would suggest updating the software to the most up to date version. You can ensure you are receiving updates to the software by opening PC-Doctor Toolbox and navigating to Settings>Additional
Options>Check for program updates and support messages. If this is checked, you should be receiving software updates as they become available.

If you need access to download the latest version of the software please let me know and I will send you a private message with some additional details.

Thanks,
Channing

Offline kinjo

i'm also having the bad pool header bsod problem on my pc

Offline Shaurav

Hello kinjo

Could you please describe which product you are using and when the bad pool header issue occurs?

Offline kinjo

Hello kinjo

Could you please describe which product you are using and when the bad pool header issue occurs?
thnaks for your reply but i found my fix
http://www.deskdecode.com/bad-pool-header/

Offline PCD_Sam

• PC-Doctor
Kinjo,

Glad to hear you found a solution!

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.

Offline alphastealthhwsw

I had this same problem.  My PC system had PC Doctor as an EOM install with Windows 7, but when I upgraded to Windows 10, it was removed.  Later, I think I did a clean install of Windows 10, so there were no remnants of the previous install.  I downloaded and installed PC Doctor Toolbox, inserted the Key for activation and added my e-mail address and then the tool started an initial scan of my system and suddenly I got the Bad Pool Header blue screen.  I used Revo Uninstaller (removes all traces of a program) to uninstall PC Doctor Toolbox and then reinstalled PC Doctor Toolbox with the same result.  Eventually, I found the long list of potential issues that cause this error.  The diagnostic process I followed was focused on a memory or memory mapping issues:  1) check memory - which passed, 2) remove drivers (except keyboard and mouse) [which would have been followed a long list of other things to try].  But step two fixed the problem.  With the drivers uninstalled, I was successfully able to install PC Doctor Toolbox, activate it and successfully run the initial setup scan, restarted my PC and then run PC Doctor for a complete scan of my system.  Not 100% sure, but It looks like one (or more) of my drivers had a memory mapping issue which was resolved on restart.  Regardless, my problem is gone.

alphastealthhwsw
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:49:35 am by alphastealthhwsw »

Offline Waheedalam

Bad Pool Header error occur along with a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Most of the time when user upgrade or update the windows then user face this type of error. In simple words, Bad Pool Header error is related to bad Windows memory allocations. Due to badly configured or outdated or wrong drivers and some antivirus programs that can cause the bad pool header issue as well.
Method 1: Uninstall Antivirus: We can fix this error to uninstall the antivirus. Write appwiz.cpl on Run application and click ok, Now find the antivirus program and then uninstall this program. Once this process completed then restart your computer.

Method 2: Turn off Fast Startup: You need to follow the below steps to Turn off fast startup. 1-Press Windows + R to open Run application. 2- Write powercfg.cpl and Enter. 3- Select Choose what the power button does. 4- Select Change settings that are currently unavailable 5- You need to unchecked the option "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" 6- Click On save changes and now restart You Pc. You can get detail of other methods at https://appuals.com/bad_pool_header-on-windows-10/ because that site helped me to fix this and other kinds of Windows errors.

Offline jimijan

Hi everyone. Have the same issue with Windows 10 and this topic helped me to resolve it, just want to say useful topic and thanks guys