Author Topic: Diagnostics tests  (Read 1864 times)

Offline lobo11

How do you stop the CD or DVD test from running in full tests, I would like to be able to run test at night with no user input. Thanks in advance

Offline PCD_Sam

• PC-Doctor
Hello lobo11,

Unfortunately the ToolBox product does not allow for the full test to be modified to remove test features from the user interface.

*However* It is possible to modify the scripts the program calls to remove those tests that require user input. I must warn you though that by modifying these files you run the risk of causing the product to misbehave, crash, or plain just not run.

To remove the tests navigate to the scripts folder found in C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows\scripts. This folder contains the xml files that informs Toolbox what tests to run. To remove the test open the script "system.xml" with a text editor such as Notepad++, Vim, or another equivalent.

Find the following Lines in System.xml and delete them

<TestSet>
        <Device capabilities="CDROM"/>               
        <Test key="RandomSeekTest" module="pcdrcddrive2"/>       
        <Parameter key="PromptUserForMedia" value="true"/>     
</TestSet>

Save and close system.xml the cd test is also included in stresstest.xml is you want to remove the cd test from that test set as well.

Restart Toolbox and the CD ROM test should no longer run when the full test is started.

Again, this is not the intended use for ToolBox and all modifications are done at the users risk.

I hope this answers your question and please let me know if you have any others.

Thanks!

-Sam

Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.