Author Topic: Blu-ray DVD tests  (Read 2497 times)

Offline cybervulcan

I have used PC Doctor for Windows on 2 internal Blu-ray drives from Asus and an LG external Blu-ray drive the tests which pass Blu-ray and CD tests but not DVD tests despite all drives working fine on all DVD playback Blu-ray and SD DVDs. Is there an issue I am unaware of or is this a genuine problem?   Thanks

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with our software, and I am currently running some tests on my test system with an external Blu-Ray to try and recreate the issue. However, in order to better understand and attempt to recreate your issue, I need some additional details about the problem. Please answer the questions below:
  • Can you please list which DVD tests are failing?
  • Have you tried using multiple DVD's, or are you using one disk when testing each device?
  • What version of Windows is your system running?
  • Can you please tell me which version of our software you are running?
            (This should be found under Help by clicking on About PC-Doctor)

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
So I went ahead and ran some tests on my system with an external Blu-ray drive, and I haven't been able to recreate the issue with CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disks. I will wait for your response before I run any other tests, but so far it appears as if the issue is with your drives or the media you are using to test them.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline cybervulcan

All DVD seek tests are failing, Blu-Ray and CD seek tests pass

This problem has occurred on 2 ASUS internal Bluray drives and a newly installed HP standard DVD writer drive (internal) (although all Discs play fine)

This has occurred on known working DVDs and Bluray disks even a blank rewritable DVD

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro

PC Doctor version 6.0.678.134

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Thanks for getting back to me. From the information you have shared, the only thing I can see that might be a problem is the version of Toolbox you are running. I will reset your download link shortly, and resend your product email so that you can download the latest version of the software.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue, but please let me know if you keep having problems or if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.