Author Topic: validating my license for Toolbox  (Read 2517 times)

Offline krunsh

I am getting and error validating my license for Toolbox. I get the following:

Your system configuration has changed too many times. Please contact support at http:\\www.pc-doctor.com\toolbox_support. (Error 4)

I've changed it once and haven't used it.
I've loaded it on my PC and isn't on any other PC.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hey krunsh,

I took a look at your records and reset the lock on your license, but it does look like you had reinstalled the software on a second computer. If you do need to install the software on another computer, we ask that you please purchase a second license.

Please let me know if you have any other problems or questions.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline SosRiberac.fr

Hi, I'm a computer technician and just bought this software. I read on your website that this soft is perfect for me to test computers config, and it was for my computer but, when i installed it on the first customer's machine, there's a problem with the licence (error 4). My question is, you consider it's perfect for technician, but you not say that we can use it only for one computer, and technician mean this is a job and many machines to test. So, i wait for you point of view about it, but perhaps you can be more clear on your description, or really sell something for professional technicians. Thanks a lot, Laurent (please unlock my licence at least for the first computer i register)

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Laurent,

I'm sorry if there was any confusion about the targeted audience of PC-Doctor Toolbox, however this product's primary purpose is as an end-user diagnostic and not as a commercial diagnostic tool. I have gone ahead and reset your license so that you can use it again, but if you could please let me know what you read that made you believe it was to be used in a commercial environment, we will see if there is any changes we can make to avoid this confusion in the future.

As for a professional solution, we do have our Service Center product (http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/) which does allow you to run diagnostics on a system and then move to the next. Unlike Toolbox, it will also allow you to run tests outside of Windows.

If you are concerned about the cost, I would recommend contacting our sales department directly. I will send you a PM with their information. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.