Author Topic: Edge Detection Test  (Read 7884 times)

Offline OzBoz

When scanning my Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, PC Doctor is showing  a fail for the Edge Detection Test.  At that poing the scan just stalls and won't proceed to the rest of the tests.  The webcam seems to working ok, and my intention was to just ignore the fail information, however PC doctor is now nagging me constantly, presumably to fix it.

I have no Idea what an Edge Detection Test is, much less how to fix it.  I would have thought that with a program such as this, there would be a link, or even a hint as to where to go for full information.  It also seems strange to me that failing one test. the program then just freezes.

Any info would be appreciated.

Window 8 64bit  ATI Radeon R7870 2Gb GDDR5 PCI-E
PC Doctor version 6.2.6457.72
Failure Ref  WWC09-QKO

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am not sure what could be causing the software to stall, but here is the description for the Edge Detection Test from Toolbox:

Edge Detection Test - This test verifies that edges can be detected in an image captured from a Web camera

Depending on the lighting and what is in the field of view, it is possible that the camera is simply unable to pick out any edges. If not, then there is likely another issue occurring in the background (based on the lockup you are seeing, I would guess that there is more to this issue than just a poor backdrop for the test).

If you don't mind, we would like to take a closer look at this issue, and see if we can determine what is causing both issues. I will be sending you a PM shortly with instructions to obtain the logs that we need, and where to send the files.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance, and I'm sorry that I don't have a quick answer for you.

Thanks in advance,
Kris

P.S. Why do you seem to keep having these interesting Toolbox problems.....  ??? (at least it's been a while)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:31:29 pm by Kris_PCD »
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline jimg

My Dell Latitude 10 tablet gets a diagnostics failed for a Camera OV8830 Edge Detection Test with code WWC09-VYG.

The touch screen has been erratic, mouse cursor tends to work. the camera on the back views and takes unfocused pictures and videos.

The camera facing me takes clear focused pictures.

Amy suggestions for fixes. Replace the camera?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
That would seem like a valid course of action, but I would contact Dell to see what options they can offer. Since the camera is functioning (but out of focus) it's always possible that there may be a software or firmware update that could resolve the issue.

If you haven't already, I would also suggest running tests against the touchscreen to look for any possible failures.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris

Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.