Author Topic: GPU test failure WVC07-GIC  (Read 3845 times)

Offline jaypi

Hi,

I did a complete test using PC-Doctor Toolbox and I have one test failing:
In french: Test de surface primaire
I would translate: Primary surface test

Warning message is:
Erreur au niveau du pixel 11 5 : Couleur d’entrée 00FFFFFF différente de la couleur de sortie 0076B900.
Error on pixel 11 5: In color 00FFFFFF is different from out color 0076B900

Error code is WVC07-GIC

I don't know what that mean. Sometimes my computer freezes this is why I did the tests. But I'm not sure if the test is pointing to a problem or if it's just that the test couldn't be executed.

Thanks.

Offline PCD_Meliton

Hello,

Sorry to hear a test is failing on your computer. To begin, the Primary Surface Test error is indicating a possible issue in the portion of the video memory. The way to find out if there is a potential problem with your video card is to first, make sure your video drivers are updated to the latest version. At times having outdated drivers can cause the issue that will provide this error.

Next, I would recommend running a memory test that will verify the system memory isn't the cause for the failed test result. If the same error continues after testing the memory and updating the video drivers, there is a possibility for a defective video card that may be the problem.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Meliton P.

Offline jaypi

Hello,

thanks for your answer. The drivers are up to date. I did a full test using PC-Doctor toolbox and noticed only the issue with the GPU test. That means the memory test did run right? Meaning I might have a problem with the video card?

Thanks again,
Jaypi

Offline PCD_Meliton

Yes, that is correct, the memory test will run with the full test. However, if you click on the diagnostics tab it will allow you to select and run only the system memory test. This would be a good step to verify no issues are present in the memory. If no issues are found, it will be the video card that is causing the failed test.

Regards,

Meliton P.