Author Topic: Error WPE01-J9E - PCI Express Status Test  (Read 5651 times)

Offline RobertInc

What does this error code mean. I already tried out the suggestions of turning off the pc unplugging it ect. & re-ran the test with the same problem. The PCI Express Status test 7 which is: PCI standard PCI Express to PCI/PCI-X Bridge. I experienced a BSOD but looking in PC-Dr BSOD description it states condition for sudden shutdown "unknown"
My problem is with my video editor it now often "hangs" and I get the program is not responding.  Not sure if it is main-board packing up. I removed the video card & installed & updated latest drives for on-board graphics - still having a problem with video editor - not sure if it is software or hardware related issue. Just wandering if anyone can help me with some direction as to how to solve this issue. Many thanks for reading. Take care & God Bless +

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi Robert,

I apologize for any confusion our software may have caused, and I will do my best to explain the error you're seeing.

A failure of the PCI Express Status Test does not immediately mean that there is a problem with the associated device, but does indicate some sort of miscommunication. This is most frequently caused by a miscommunication caused by a manufacturer firmware or driver implementation (not usually a problem), but can still be caused by a problem with either the motherboard or connected device.

I would suggest running some video tests with our software as well to see what results you get, and see if the system will hang while the test is running as well.

Given the problem you were having with both the PCI Express video card and the built in one, I would think that it is likely to be a problem with the installation of Windows or the motherboard. Since it is an easier fix, I would suggest starting by completely reinstalling Windows and then try to install and run the software that was causing the crashes before anything else (other than drivers).

Let me know what you find, and if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.